Wednesday 6 August 2008

What's that you said ?

What a bloody awful day here, rain , rain and more rain, added to mist, has just made it really miserable.
Poor souls who have got seats for the Edinburgh Festival Military Tattoo will hope that it fairs up in the next hour or so, at least we do not have a hosepipe ban and our reaservoirs are full - so as they say , every cloud ,etc.

So much for last night's football match - Glasgow Rangers are a shower of diddies, as I said then it was boring - and from what I saw they should have lost about 5 - 1, for a bunch of very well paid primma donnas they are hopeless.

Had a long lie this morning - 7.30 a.m. , then up and away. Popped into SAC at The Bush to see Alan and Arlene for a few minutes before heading to the hospital. Made it to Lauriston Place , where it was absolutley chucking it down - and the poor soul parked next to me had done what i did yesterday - he left his car window open - and the drivers seat was sodden.
Into the Audiology Unit where a cheery and charming lady gave me a hearing test - she was superb and afterwards explained everything to me in simple terms - so I am losing my hearing but not enough to warrant an ear trumpet, and I do have Tinitus, which is exacerbated by stress !!! So I reckon I will need to take lessons from Mr. Cool - laid back Dr Disaster - the horizontal chilled out man - Sparky Mark. Somehow or other I have to cut back my cups of tea to five a day, none before bed, and find thirty minutes to be at peace and relax - but I do not have to go as far as go out and hug trees!!!
Heading off through a bit of gridlock, down to John Lewis PLC to look for "things" as she said !! and bought a table lamp - BUT I did have an excellent double fried egg roll (which , for those who know me is a wee treat).

Still raining so we headed home via Ikea at Straiton - which was heaving - just bursting at the seams with folks - far too busy for me , and miracle of miracles, we walked in and out without buying anything.
Homewards - via Sainsbury's to get my "piece" for tomorrow's run south.
So now at peace with the world, fed and watered (with H2O) and waiting for Photogenix Grant to appear.

I see that Edinburgh City Council were asked to produce figures on bullying and harrassment in the workplace - and their head of HR has declined to do so for a variety of reasons !!

No comments: