Friday 22 August 2008

Rain, more rain and Shakey














Friday was a long day, up at 4.30 a.m. as I could not sleep, eventually through the bouncing rain and into the Mercat Bar to get the place up and running. Shereen joined me and we did OK building up till Katie came in . Katie, having read the blog said she was not on it , so that will be fixed - worked away all day and just stayed in the town as I was going top a doo at the Police Club in York Place later on.

By 4.45 p.m., a wee bit wabbit, headed east and stopped off at Frasers where I used a few Clarin's testers to freshen up - then a nice walk in the bright sunshine - yes, the sun really shone and it was lovely - along Princes Street and into Rose Street. Along Rose Street I bumped into the cycling Paramedic, Leaon ( I think) - last week he was outside The Mercat Bar dealing with an epileptic fit, today he was at a road accident in George Street. I met some who had also seen him at work and they were full of praise - so our (upside down) paramedic is a real asset to the Scottish Ambulance Service.

Eventually made it to the Police Club, where after finding my way through the entry system met Ian Stevens @ Shaky for his retiral doo, Ian worked with me in the Crime Prevention Department before I retired but more recently has been a training officer in the Force Command Control Centre at Loanhead. He had a group of his "ladies" from the command centre , plus a few friends to help celebrate the event, Charlie Bootland, Jimmy Brooks and Duncan Crane being three of those I knew.

The rain came on with total avengance, bouncing inches high off the ground so I was lucky enough to get a lift home.

No comments: