Monday 26 January 2009

Cruella strikes again , and again , and again


Even had a long lie this morning , possibly aided by the "Jonny Walker Black Label" sleeping tonic last night.
So up and away in this bright and frosty morning ( dammed chilly) to see Cruella the physio to get my back and shoulders done. BUT I made a really bad mistake by saying that my lower legs were sore - my god they were a lot sorer by the time she had finished , well worked but she said that they were really badly knotted. I could hardly walk by the time she had finished, but the good news was that the back was much better and a lot less painful.

She and her hubby, Steven @ Micky told me that Ian Tait, former President of Penicuik Rugby Club, had died of cancer on Saturday after a relatively short illness. He had not been retired for long. Our thoughts are with the family.

Then it was off to the Bush, via the house where Irish Christine had popped in to see Mrs. B.
So did some work at the Bush, then to Loanhead where I traced Mr Gay of Pentland Security Systems in his lovely new office which is about 300 yards from his old one. Alan was going daft as his new phone system and broadband were still not working despite umpteen visits by technicians and many calls.

It was off to see Grant at Photogenix next, his wee dog is on the mend but will soon be getting aqua physio to help build up his tiny little legs. Even his fish were playing up - two were cannibals and eating the others much to his annoyance , and the annoyance of the chewed ones no doubt. Expensive hobby when your pets keep eating each other.

Home - and guess what , Irish C. was still yakking away, one needing their tongue resoled and the other their ears sorted and to stop the head spinning - But - on my arrival she fled.

Loads of paperwork for me today, hours on the computer writing letters, even to my local Member of Parliament - David Hamilton who I have known for years since he was working in the local Bilston Glen Colliery.

Pilot of The Road @ Ricky is back from Orlando, Floriday where they hit Disneyland with avengence, poor Pamela found it hard to keep up with the family - but they thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Received an E mail from Dee Dee at the Blue Bay Villas, Dominica, today, very nice, except that it was all in Spanish and made no sense to me - I will need to get my friendly interpreter, Eduardo on the case.

I see that the bookies are delighted with Andy Murray getting beaten this morning - there he was two sets up and blew it in a five set match - he must have been ill right enough as he said after his previous matches.

Enough tonight, working in the morning , then off to Laird O'Cockpen RA No.500 in the evening . Should be OK as I have two speakers coming down from Crieff, and we are doing a wee bit of Burns at the harmony with some haggis neeps and tatties and a dram or two.

No comments: