Sunday 11 January 2009

Sunday, busy sunday

Case of Oops, having read last nights blog which was written whilst a bit under the influence of the hospitality received at the masonic club where the meeting of the Squaremen went well. turned out to be the annual installation , so that was different because I have never been to one before. Andy McKeen went back into the chair again. Hammy from Sauchie was there, he being the man who was up at Crieff on Thursday and reminded me of this meeting - he has also agreed to run a meeting up at Crieff in February for a team up there who want to join, but I am away on holiday so will miss it.

When I got home I called on my neighbours, Mike and Jane and Mike forced me to drink whisky, so I will probably need to go over and apologise, the old story , I always go and visit folks twice, the 2nd time to apologise.

I thought I was having a quiet day today, especially as Mrs B was away overnight at the McDonald Hotel, Hollyrood. The girls thought that their luck was in when they opened the bedroom door and found a man in the bed !! True, Mrs.B. was so traumatised that she had to be fed strong drink to recover. So a good night was had by all (not because of the man in the bed)- however at £11.50 a time for two drinks, and £17 for breakfast - just a wee bit too steep.

I, on the other hand was up up and away with RGB this morning, and there they were again , the men from First Class traffic management - so it seems that the law does not apply to them, their motor sat unattended, engine running, in the no stopping area for over an hour with not a soul near it . The traffic was bad enough today and that was quiet, so there will be bedlam tomorrow , and thereafter.
Place was quiet a.m. but the weather was terrible, however by 11.30 a.m. we were busy, and it just got more hectic as the day wore on - Hearts beat Hibs 2 -0 so Jamie had a bit of a long face and then Manchester United beat Chelsea 3 - 0, with young Mr. Rooney getting yet another goal.

There will be a few events coming up soon , 17th Jan for a Hawaiian night and charity fund raiser; 23rd Jan a Burns supper, and a mardigras next month, plus Jeremy will be over on holiday with a karaoke party on Friday 6th Feb.

Managed to get a run home with Claire, just in time before Tam and Catherine arrived as he was fiddling with the computer for me and also needed some stuff from me.

RGB a happy chicken tonight as his American football team, the Philadephia Eagles beat the New York Giants, not sure who else he has a bet with, but he is hoping for a nice double.


For CeeJay , got your message, but no photographs so far sorry.
Enough.

No comments: