Sunday 25 January 2009

Some memories








Sitting watching a Steven Segal movie on C5 "Executive Decision" which is quite intense, usual very serious topic of terrorists; hostages; and the unpredictability of these irrational individuals.

Both Mrs. B. and myself biting our fingernails, toe nails , etc with the suspense - even although I have seen it before.


Anyway - going back to Thursday when I was down in Runcorn, spotted this sign on ladies toilet - what happens if you have a bad stomach ?

Then after my detour to see the Cleaves Cottage, with the Pentland Hills, Carnethy and Allermuir looking good I spotted a Highland cow which looked like me in need of a haircut !!!
Rounding a bend I had a vivid recollection of a incident which occurred many years ago on that road (see pic).

I was on duty in the Police Station at Penicuik when three young girls, on bicycles, came to the door all upset and told us that a man had run naked from his trees near where I pictured and obviously exposed himself to the girls. BUT - these were bright young ladies who had been shown the "Never Go With Strangers" film at school. When they were cycling for help they saw the man pass them in his car and noted the Registered number - but with no pencils, etc. they scratched the number on the pavement with a stone. We were later able to trace the car, and when the owner was arrested, a middle aged bachelor from Edinburgh who lived with his elderly mother, he admitted the offence. He was reported and later pled guilty - We were ever so pleased with the girls initiave, and the fact that our school programme had helped.
So that's me for tonight and so far the World has not been saved !!
Anyway - good man Andy Murray did well and is through to the next round of the Australian Open - he will be well tried soon , but good on him.
The Glasgow Rangers failed in their quest to beat Aberdeen yesterday - bit silly of them !!!! Just how do you get a team of diddies to play well - I personally think that all these so called professional players should hang their heads in shame at the obscene fees they get for their total lack of ability.
Here endeth my lesson for today- and - the world was saved.

No comments: