Monday 5 January 2009

Just like the old days , but worse

Way back in the late 60's when you were night shift on your own with no personal radio system, and only the local telephone exchange to contact every few hours you could head out the office in the car, park up to save petrol and doze off with the heater on. Hopefully a call on the car radio was enough to waken you up - BUT , last night , coughing fit to burst a gut , I ended up back in my chair again at 11.45 p.m. and there I sat all night watching TV programmes on the computer, occasionally dozing but waking up with fits of serious coughing . I have so many aches now it is hard to find a bit of me that is not sore.

Bloody freezing outside also. - so when Mrs. B. got up I managed an hours kip before the phone went . Her pal Carol, without power for two days, had to go find a bed elsewhere to keep warm and fed.

Then Mr. L. called from the Bush to tell me about a big theft overt the holiday break , so I wrapped up and headed down there, nearly being destroyed by a f*****ing brain dead lunatic in a fancy Subaru, old one black tarted up to look like it had flames down the sides - nothing a can of petrol would not cure.
Right enough, stuff stolen from The Bush, and also car tyres from Ryan and Max "Likely lads", but I doubt that the Police could / or will do very much about it.

George the Handyman and his apprentice !! had found a spring of water where there should not have been one , with flooding in the area, so they started digging, but the deeper they went the whole just kept filling up so they had to send for a pump to clear the water to see what they were doing . Plenty of spectators from the Office, so the old adage , there is a hole in the lawn and Staff are looking into it - certainly applied. No volunteers to take a shot with the shovel.

Headed back home via the chemist so I now have enough linctus to keep me going a couple of days. Met Barbara Wilson and Michael, down the street , coincidentally I had seen her old boss Malcolm down at the Bush where she did a summer job as a shepherdess, standing joke was , what did the sheep call you today ?? BaaBaaraaa.

If the cold does not kill me the new living room carpet will - Mrs. B. spilt tea on it last night so we are trying various remedies, vinegar, etc.

I heard a great comment from the Financial Experts at Lloyds TSB this morning , they claim that the recession will effect us all !! Now I wonder how many and how much it cost to find that out? nothing you cannot hear about at the supermarket of football, etc.

No comments: