Tuesday 19 January 2010

Bit chilly and ever so silly

This morning it was the opposite to the sound of silence - lots of cars passing. It transpired that the A702 Biggar Road had been closed at nine Mile Burn due to severe icing and all cars were being diverted through Penicuik
Last night was an astronomers delight, the sky was totally clear and all the Northern constellations were startlingly clear. Pity it was so cold otherwise I could have taken some time to do some star spotting.

This morning, after my wee jobs were completed i headed off into Penicuik. parked up in The High Street and I heard some tooting - then saw Miss "eejit" in her red BMW, she was driving with one hand, phone in the other and with her pet pooch on the knee, she had tooted at someone to get out the way, then stopped in the next junction talking on the phone and in turn held up following traffic. When she stopped opposite me I could not resist having a word with her so when she told her friend to hold a minute, I had a word, but she was more concerned about the fact that her dog needed a pee - brain dead !!

Anyway, having calmed down I went and let off steam in the local swimming pool, nice and relaxing with a steamy session afterwards. Got home and found the garden full of barriers belonging to the Gas Board, seems that they are going to dig up my garden tomorrow, might get them to pop in some bedding plants while they are here.

Off to Lodge 720 Dalhousie Bonnyrigg tonight to see RWM Craig Gordon in action.

Late call from Fraser so it looks like I am off to Birmingham and Runcorn on Thursday, so that will keep me out of mischief for the day.


Yet more news about the Human Rights legislation, looks like our terrorists are going to have a hey day, Criminals now have the ball firmly in their court.

No comments: