Wednesday 27 January 2010

Five visiting Students from Belgium

Thought I might do a wee special about this group of students who appeared for breakfast today. Even had porridge which they enjoyed.

Doing my usual Basil Fawlty and chatty person thing I learned that they were students from a University in Belgium doing work on youth and crime and who were over on a social project and visiting four of Edinburgh's community drug projects, ie. Crew 2000; Underground: DTTO; and Fast Forward. As this had been one of my projects latterly while with the Lothian and Borders Police I found that this was a special course being run in Belgium and that on their return they would be working with 11 - 18 year olds. BUT surprisingly, they had not thought of trying to contact the Police to see what projects / proactive work is being done here. Unfortunately, I was not able to get in contact with the appropriate Officers this afternoon , and as they are off in the morning it is a bit late - however, I do now have someone who will communicate with them and perhaps give them a different perspective.


So to William Celis; Sally Van Reeth; Shana Millisen; Emmy Bormans and Esther Bierinckx, I wish them well and hopefully they will get keep in contact to get some more information in the future.