Wednesday 6 January 2010

Sun tan in the snow

Just as foretold earlier I ended up spending nearly four hours with a shovel in hand, the morning session was a bit of a chore, but after I had been to town to collect Mrs. B. I took my time, clearing paths and the back, but with the sun shining and lots of passers by to talk to it was fun.

Our trusty officers of Lothian and Borders Police were really innovative, and were out on quad bikes checking out the A702 and the Penicuik - Nine Mile Burn stretches which had been closed.
Met Steven and Jamie Mitchell who had just returned from a hike out along the A702 to West Linton as a practice for a forthcoming walk along the West Highland Way. Steven was saying that the A702 was closed off by drifting snow which was over five feet deep in places and the snow ploughs were still trying to get the road open. This still did not deter several drivers who were ignoring the road closed signs.
Had a chat to the passing Mr. Batty, father of one of my ex scouts, Michael, who is now a teacher up in Shetland along with his wife. Pity I did not know that when we were up there.

RGB and Sir Christopher have launched the new January incentive at the Mercat Bar which will be a new menu , selected meals Monday to Friday , 12 md to 2.30 p.m at £5 per meal.

Sort of shattered after my exertions so I got my feet up and watched an interesting documentary on the "Trial of The Knights Templars" on C5, still not sure that it was totally accurate, but that is open to conjecture.

So far , no snow tonight but temperatures are falling rapidly, just have to wait and see.

I see that the Government are considering putting a cap on the population of the UK which is spiraling, looks like many of the prophecies about immigration are proving to be accurate - will not be long before we have controls on the birth rate just like China, or am i being a bit melodramatic.

No comments: