Thursday 14 January 2010

Nicola - 21 again, and the Ambleside Girls

In the course of my travels I bumped into Nicola , who was 21 again yesterday - looks like we are all meeting up for "something" on Saturday to celebrate.

The Mercat Bar was busy again at lunchtime and the eight young ladies from Ambleside reappeared for a bite.
I have to apologise to them, having got "Jazz" to write down all their details etc I mislaid the paper in my travels between lunchtime and now. But the eight of them, from England, Poland, Australia and New Zealand are all friends of Jazz, several work in a big hotel in Ambleside and they had come up to Edinburgh on a three day break, staying in a hostel near to the bar. Enjoying the City lights, late disco's and tonight were off on the Witchery Tour. Heading home a.m. - but if one of them gets back in touch I will update the entry.



Home, via Booker, changed and collected Sparky Mark and off we headed to the airport as he is away for a weeks walking tour in the mountains of Andalusia, south east Spain. Hot off the press - he has just called from London - managed an earlier flight and is sitting imbibing in the T5 bar waiting on his friends.
On my way from the airport into the Mercat with the goodies from Bookers I was held up on the A8 Glasgow Road, near to Taggarts Jaguar garage as there had been an accident involving a bus - lots and lots of Police on the scene and massive diversions, etc.
Anyway, home in one piece, up up and away early a.m. for my designated day at The Mercat Bar.