Wednesday 19 March 2008

Bright frosty morning

Now, Wednesday and I am struggling to remember what happened on Tuesday. The early rise sort of knocked me off a bit. Came down to the pub at 7.45 to clean the beer lines which took ages as one of the systems was playing up, anyway got the job done and some tidying up. Had someone to talk to all day which helps time pass, including my regular who talks to himself about everyone present - which can get a bit exciting at times. He has been asked to leave previously on health and safety grounds, (my health and his safety).
A few comments made about the inevitable price rise after the recent Budget - but 5 p is better than 10 p as it could have been - now I will need lots of fiddly change. No Brian as he was on stand by, but Big George, Jess, Keith and Jimmy all kept me company till Kerrin arrived. She had a busy night with the football crowd while in the meantime I was home changed and away in 40 minutes, off with Sparky mark to 720 Bonnyrigg. Once again there was a good crowd for Alex, plenty bums on seats, and his Degree team were excellent. I even managed to get the place turned round for my meeting next week which will save a lot of hassle on Sunday as we will be busy due to a Race day and karaoke.

Had a wee blether to Jock Watson who will celebrate his 50th wedding anniversary on Friday - well done to Ann for putting up with him.
Sparky leaves on Sunday for a two week trip to Peru, not sure what chaos he will cause on the Inca trail.


E mail from Rob and Caitlin this morning who are well, job hunting and away for the weekend to some sunny beach, unlike some who have to remain at home and work. Which reminds me !!! I must

1 comment:

Greg Karabin said...

Stuart,
Thanks for the call the other night; it was good to catch up verbally. Continue to read your blog daily and beginning to feel like I just might be living in Scotland vs the USA.

My high school team that I coach and which has twice been to Edinburgh on rugby tours lost their 1st match of the season 10-5. It was an unfortunate loss bu the boys played well> would have probably won if they could have punched it in from 5 meters out with 3 attempts on pemalities.

Son Geoff by the way is now a C1 panel rugby ref and looking to continue upinto the B flight.
All the best to all.
greg