Thursday 20 March 2008

Kept on the hop

Since my early morning travels I have been on the hop all day - between visits to the "skip", Costco , Bookers, The Mercat and John Lewis Store.
Must say that George at Costco in the opticians section was very helpful as was Norman in the furnishing section of John Lewis Store, nice to be nice as they say - but then I would not know , would I ?

The Mercat was quite busy with Jamie doing well in the kitchen along with Shaun who leaves us on Saturday for pastures new.
Kerrin called to say that Uncle Chick was ill, having hurt his back yesterday simply by twisting the wrong way. I was there at the time and despite a liberal dose of Vodka, taken internally, it was obviously not enough to cure it. So Kerrin had to clean up after a busy night last night and do a bit of fancy footwork to get up and running on time.
She had a visit from Mikey who apologised for the delay in settling his account, thanked me for my patience !! and has announced that he has an impending move - we wish you well in your new post.

Grant @ Photogenix is so clever, he is going to some fancy transferring fo photos for me, so that I can give "Peas" a copy of the puppy photo as a screen saver - he says it is simple, I think it is very complicated.

Took a couple of photos from the roof car park of John Lewis store, eight floors up, looking over the Firth of Forth, but they were really not that good. Ann nearly died off when I said I was feeling ill and that she would have to drive the van back down to the street - the exit is like a giant helter skelter, and you have the steering part turned for the whole decent !! However I was only joking.

Tricky Ricky @ Pirate of the Road, had a nightmare trip to Glasgow leaving at 5 a.m. in his taxi with a totally knackered differential, he could only drive at 30 m.p.h., motor was grinding like nothing on earth so lots of lorry drivers failed to find his presence amusing !! BUT it is now fixed and he can cruise along at nearly 40 mph.
Time to get the feet up I think, and most certainly an early bed.

No comments: