Sunday 9 March 2008

Not sure where this will lead

I have never gone into the so called big time bloggs to see what makes them work - it might be wonderful to be like the cop in London who now does a great expose but me I just do my own thing, and for why??
Story telling - ok , yes daily events and tales of yore!1

Feelings - thats different - just how far do you go ?
Story:
late 60's we were called to a break in at a local social club at 2 a.m., caught the intruder hiding on the premises, sent him to the local jail with the Traffic cops , then myself, Sgt., and beat PC with committee from the club drank two bottles of malt whisky before we would even consider going abck to the local station to write the report. The capture was on the local papers under " footsteps in the snow" as the culprit had broken in after a snow storm and his footprints led us to the point of entry with no sign of exit - however a big Alsation dog found him under a pile of chairs and bit his bum.

Feelings -
tonight, lots - one being satisfaction that Elaine was on and there is no question as to her her honesty and integrity. It makes me angry when I know, from customer feed back that we do have staff who take liberties with the system, BUT in the pub trade what else do you expect- personally I want to trust all my staff which makes it even worse when I discover that they are ripping me off. There are variations on ripping off, from time keeping to plain theft - and sadly it looks lie the plain theft might be the bigger problem.
In the bible and in Masonic tales there is the parable about being paid the wages for the day, if you accept a wage you do do not then turn round later and complain..

Stealing sugar from your tea - a quaint expression - but how do you cope when every day you have folks who just want to get the better of you, currently I have Mike, a bank manager who askled me for £40 in September last year, but so far has failed to pay it back. Today I asked again and he he would repay it next week - my response was " how many times would the bank charge me late repayment fees for the same loan" - so every month I get a charge, while perhaps the only charge he gets is up his nose!!

I have to accept that in this current financial climate that folks have problems - but I am not a "fu******g" bank", I have the same outlays as everyone else, and I need to work for my living.

Four year ago ago I actually had a good life, was happy, relaxed, fit and healthy, and now. totally opposite. Seems that many, including several we had helped, find it easier to ignore than accept our prediciment.

Our neighbour at Musselburgh has totally abused the system to the extent it has now effected our business , despite the fact that many of the members of the public have op enly reported incidents of drug abuse, nothing has yet been been done by the the Police , who in the meantime are quite happy to report us for failing to clear the pub in time, yet last night, a busy Saturday all staff were out by 0120 hrs.

Still angry ,, but moving on

2 comments:

simon said...

Stuart you trully are a great man and devoted husband, father and friend. Please note not all your employees are the same some of us actually care. Not long now though and you and your lovely wife can hopefully take it easy, may both of you get better very soon and keep your chin up. Just started to read these here blogs you have quite an out look on everything keep it up.

Minx2581 said...

Hey stuart!
I may be ex-staff now but still care! I am glad that you do this blog because it meens that i can keep in touch with you and find out how you and anne are getting on (aswell as finding out some of the goss, lol)! see/speak to you soon!
Michele C xx
ps. Koby likes the idea that he has his picture on this famous blog! lol x