Sunday 30 March 2008

Sunday , 1st day of summer


Sunday night and hopefully getting the feet up shortly.
This was another picure from Friday nights ball, the gent in the centre at the table is Morris Wilson who earned 81 caps playing international hockey as a golkeeper for Scotland - and is still playing !!
Clocks went forward so it was not as long a lie as I had wanted - BUT - up I got, the sandwiches were ready for Musselburgh, so it was off again at 10.30 via The Mercat and through the town to The Sportsmans Bar.
Kerrin , like many today had slept in because their clocks had not been changed - but she still made it on time.
Simon came in for a chat, and while we were downstairs three "half cut or doped" individuals appeared and attempted to get drink from Kerrin who refused them, however they were not taking no for an answer - but rapidly changed their minds and left when first Simon and then myself appeared from behind Kerrin having come up the steps from the cellar. BUT that is how easy it could have been for a confrontation on a Sunday morning.
Due to staff shortages at The Mercat I ended up on the bottom bar there where a group of pals were having a reunion, they had all played football on five a side pitches against one and other during the past 25 years and their main pitch had recently been demolished. Good crowd who all enjoyed their drinks and a buffet lunch.
William from London has just called, some time ago I showed pics of him and I working on the foundations of his extension, well , he now has the roof timbers in place and is making good if not slow progress. I think he needs me down there again to "jildy" him up - but until they get the new T5 sorted at Heathrow I am not flying BA.

No comments: