Tuesday 4 March 2008

Nobodys child

Had wee sleeps and now feeling fine.

Left at 10.30 p.m. last night and went to The Mercat to hand in papers. Then into the Waverly Station to collect work to take south to Runcorn, where I arrrived at 4 a.m. having had a lovely stress free run down the A702; M74; and M6. The roads were quiet, it was a cold night and visibilty was excellent. I parked up, wrapped up well and like a vagrant fell asleep in the car, wakened once and then was up and about at 7.20 to go look for my contacts. Eventually found who I wanted and got what I was after so armed with a fresh pot of tea and a bacon sandwich I headed north again about 8.45 a.m. This time into the fray as the maniacs were out in force on the bottom four lane section of the road. I was doing about 80/85 in the 3rd lane and was being left standing by all sorts - just totally lunatic, however by the time I had passed the Blackpool motorway things calmed down and it was again a nice pleasant drive north to Glasgow.

In the office at Cowcaddens Fraser showed me a photograph which he had been given, it was of six girls posing before going out, and with their younger sister in front of them However, when the picture was enlarged and zoomed in there was clearly visible the head and face of another girl on the floor at the back of the line up looking through between the legs of two of the girls. BUT - according to Fraser and the girls, there had not been anyone else in the room and the face cannot be accounted for - very strange!!!


Eventually made it home via SAC at The Bush by 2 p.m. and have since had another couple of hours sleep and now feeling fit enough to head out to bonnyrigg (720) tonight - minus Sparky who is suffering from the side effects of his latest batch of holiday jabs.

Old Ianat Musselburgh had a great party with the family for his 80th so I will find out the gossip later in the week./

In the paper I was reading about how the Japanese have been trying to stop all sorts of imports in favour of their own brands. Seemingly they said that foreign skis could not be imported as Japanese snow was different and they would not work!!!f

No comments: