Thursday 13 March 2008

A different day


Here is a real treat tonight, me at the command centre, writing to the world - I wish, anyway I thought it might be nice for you to know that it was not a cardboard replica churning out my nonsense.
Today I had to go to Musselburgh to make up the wages for the troops and see that Chick was OK. Ann wanted him to put a bet on at Cheltenham for her, of course he had to go and pick the last horse in each race and not the winners - what a man.
Was getting hot under the collar with the number of cars parked across from the pub on the pavement - just about where the Traffic Warden booked me on the motorbike - but no sign of her today !!
Rushed home and found Ann stripping again in the hall !! but once she had dressed herself we headed into the Cash and carry to stock up the kitchen at The Mercat so that Claire, Jamie and Duhai can treat the clients over the weekend. Shaun is apparantly about to leave us for pastures green.
Received a wee call from Fraser in Glasgow so it is early to bed, and up even earlier with another trip south to Runcorn in the morning.
I was going mental last night when I saw our "chancellor" Mr. Darling, poncing along Downing Street with his little budget box - little rat that he is, and today one of the papers was running a front page on what he is doing to the motorist. it reminded me of the time when he was on Edinburgh City Council and came up with "a strategic traffic plan" for the City - which would have screwed everything up - now he has his way, but he is screwing the nation instead.
Had planned on going back to another meeting in Dalkeith tonight, however, common sense must prevail and will have a quiet night - I can make up for it on Saturday by attanding Supreme and going to the dinner afterwards in George Street.

No comments: