Monday 31 March 2008

It's official , I am still breathing - like it or not.

Monday, beautiful morning but freezing cold with the car all iced up taking a good five minutes to scrape clear. Then it was off to Musselburgh to do some chores before heading up to the Royal infirmary.
I was attending the chest clinic as I am still suffering from "something" which started in October/ November last year. - Staff were very nice in the Clinic, every time you sat down someone wanted to see you, for weighing, height, breathing tests, then x- rays and blood tests ( I did not faint), and then to see the doctor. My lady doctor was very nice, thorough and I am sure, from the look of things, that she had a greater lung capacity than me !! Anyway, she said I generally fit and well (still breathing) but I have a test course of medication for a month , then an asthma test, before going back to the consultant in May. On the way out I spotted by neurologist, a real gentleman (Dr. Davenport) so we had a quick natter before I headed off.

I stopped off at the "(Michelin 5***** ) snack bar on the A7 at Gilmerton run by Dougie Sneddon ( in the photo at the 151 ball) and had a nice double decker square sausage roll and a cuppa then up to Bonnyrigg to see Grant @ photogenix. While there, Bernard Hunter took off in his private helicopter from the back of the scap yard, took a photo but it is not that clever.

Grant was in good form - two jokes :-
1. After Heather Mills was awarded all that money from the divorce case she bought herself a new plane, but she still uses a ladyshave on the other leg !!

2. What is the difference between Heather Mills and Northern Rock? - One is unstable and screws pensioners, the other is a Building Society.

Home to do some paperwork then off via Costco to "The Mercat" to get my dinner and collect Graham who had arrived back after his trip to see Andrea's cousin getting married. I was in a dither as to what to eat so Claire made me a light snack, lovely scrambled egg with Stornoway black pudding.

Katherine, Tam's wife appeared with the dog of the late Quinn who has returned to USA, in the meantime there is a dog sitting circle organised by Sir Christopher and Miss talk a lot - so we have volunteered to take the beastie for a few days before it gets put on a plane homewards to meet up with Quinn. (perhaps an opportunity for a photo !!)

BUT more importantly, Kerrin phoned to say that "SOME BU**ER HAS STOLEN MY KETTLE FROM THE SPORTSMAN'S BAR" this is the second time this has happened, last time it was returned under fear of physical damage. In addition one of the punters was giving this small 19 year old barmaid a hard time - so he was obviously not a regular and oblivious to the fact that he was on dodgy ground ( the regulars being very protective towards the staff). Even big George was complaining that someone had nicked his bag - so it looks like someone might be taking the micky seeing as how I am leaving. BUT I AM NOT AWAY YET.

Made it home and coincidentally have been in contact with my two favourite car mechanics tonight, Frank Farmer was parked up outside my back fence so he was lucky I did not reverse into him, and Ian Dillworth phoned, just back from Club La Costa, Finguerola, near Malaga ( same place as we went in September with William and Sandra) to make sure that the Ford was still not jumping about over the road as Ann had alleged. He had a nice time, weather was good although a bit chilly at night. Maybe I will get away for a few days soon - I can live in hope .

No comments: