Saturday 22 March 2008

Freezing saturday and the gang











Hi,
Not sure what order these photos will come out , however for those who like the pictures herea are four more.
We have two of the likely lads, Rob, without hat, and Danny , who looks like one of the chaps in "last of the Summer wine" They were in at lunchtime when Chick appeared with this garland which was draped around their necks, unfortunately I could not get a picture of old Ian as I was busy. Rob wanted to bribe me not to show the photo, Danny could not give a toss - he lost his hat last week but found it in the gutter two days later so after a wash it is good as new. Ian has discoved a new game in the morning called - "give me any nice malt, double please", so we are emptying the bottles on the top shelf to our mutual pleasure, today it was " a 10 year old Mallan,.
Michelle C. whose driving instructor failed to appear might well consider buying this little beauty of a car, about 20 year old , I think a Trabrant make - would do her nicely - NOT - being a bit flash I think poor Sandy or her dad George, whose birthday we missed,will need to get her a wee sports car.
The Town Hall opposite the pub was built around 1590, a bit of a fortress - so for those who want to research, look up Musselburgh town Hall and Old Tollboth. Musselburgh itself was named after the mussel beds which were in the shallow waters around the mouth of the River Esk.
Pretty steady today with all the team there, doing their best to stress me out and wait for me to have a heart attack - it is OK for them to piss me off but when I get annoyed and react they are not amused !! One customer said I was serving him too slow, I said that I did not give a toss - so he was not amused - come back Robbie your customer relations were excellent.
Graham is having a wee sojourn in Jacksonville waiting for Andrea who is snowed in, in Chicago - but he has teamed up with Irish and Welsh chappies - not a good combination .
Peas was delighed with his phot of " young pub" so thanks to grant @ photogenix for sorting me out and letting me know how dinkle I was for not being able to do it myself. It was simple - I have a totty wee card in my camera which transfers into the phone.
Last night - usual battles starting at "The Stand", spilling out onto the street with the Police having to attend once again. Stand today managed to stock up with his usual one keg from Dial a Keg or whoever- but that does not matter , it is us who are penalised.
Ok - feet up time again, busy day Sunday with the races on, and of course Santanda will rake in the revenue showing "Celtic v Gretna" live - whilst Rangers v Hibs was apparantly not worth screening today.
Lateral thinking - someone knicked the easter egg which Chick gave to Kristen for her wee boy Lewis - pity it was not a laxitive.
Night night

1 comment:

Minx2581 said...

Hi Stuart
Just had a read and you know me TOO well! lol
Sandy says: I have already got a nice 1973 Lada Coupe only 1yr younger than me! haha
I say: You can ram yer lada right up yer ****! lol
Speak Soon
Michele C xx