Thursday 13 March 2008

Un Bon nuit

Silly me, I completely forgot about the visit to Dalkeith, Esk 42 RA by seven members from Tours, in France, last night. There was a very good attendance and the evenings ceremonies were first class. Trhe French companions were a wee bit lost at times however six of them affilliated to 42. John Wright, Most Excellent, claimed to be fluent fin French but I am still waiting for him to get into the lingo. Several missed faces over the past weeks reappeared, and old John McNeill was over the moon to get the 2rd part of his Hon. Membership.
Having forgotton about the event, taken my dinner before leaving, and not feeling too clever, I made my apologies and left before the formal dinner.
Managed to swallow a couple of glasses of tonic - for the quinine of course, so last night only one twitch of leg cramp.
Now today is a new day!!

No comments: