Sunday 4 May 2008

Beginning to see the light




Saturday passed with me literally in a fog / or mist, two hours of sanding walls with no through flow of ventilation so it was masks, hats, etc, but I still ended up white from top to toe, however the job was done, followed by two ceilings to be emulsioned and walls sealed.
Sparky arrived and took some lights off the wall and even Doreen came down and cut my grass with her flymo which has inherited some bits from my burnt out machine.
Eventually a clean and well scrubbed me took off to the Mercat with Ann and Doreen for our dinner , taking into account the mess the house was in. Place was busy so I had to help out a bit and came across my first "City Chancer" who thought he could try the old " I gave you £10 already" thinking that I was more confused than tired - The old school at The Sportsman's gave up on that ages ago !! So the bold boy was eventually put in his place.
I had a fish tea for the 1st time instead of my usual steak - very nice, and the couple next to us could not resist so they ( from Australia and New Zealand) had likewise plus a couple of beautiful sweets.
Headed home and was in bed at 9.40 p.m. knackered.
Up and running this morning to size walls, redoo the livingroom ceiling , plus the bathroom and shower room when I was at it - big difference using the proper professional gear, its a doddle.
Phone rang and guess who - it was the upside down people , Rob and Caitlin, who are doing well and sounded great - it was lovely to hear from them and catch up with their news ( Ann in the photo talking to Caitlin) Robbie now two weeks into his new job and enjoying it, busy house hunting, but missing us all - just as we are them.
Rangers v Hibs this afternoon, lots of perspiration but no inspiration so it ended up a 0 - 0 draw.
Now off to try and get some stuff put in a case as I am off to Prague with twenty three others from the ESLTA at 6 a.m. - so given the chance I will try and blog from the hotel while away.

No comments: