Thursday 29 May 2008

Twas a different day - "Thors day"


Had a fantastic five hours sleep last night and no cramps - just magic - but was still up early to a lovely morning which made a change from the mist and miserable yesterday.
Did some early chores and then it was off to the dentist - which I totally hate, having passed out in the chair several years ago. I have to say that my current dentist is excellent and other than the shakes I am fine . When I walked into the surgery he now has this wonderful space age chair, pops on your sunglasses, has light panels on the wall, etc. Still, after a check up I need a filling rebuilt which I suppose is not too bad.
From there it was off to the Health centre , trying to get value for money from the NHS - so now they are going to find out how many bits of me are still working properly. Maybe. Must say that the Doctors have changed a lot from the days of "take an asprin twice a day" - most impressed with the immediate follow up and patient contact.
Down to SAC for a site visit, chat to Alan and Arlene, and up to Boghall Farm where there is to be an open day this coming Sunday. Not sure yet what they plan to put on display but if you like sheep !!!
On to Ikea (for a look) and then to Homebase and the Plumb Centre at Straiton for items for the house , then home and out into the sun. With such a good day there was no point in wasting it so I managed to have a bit snooze, obviously needing it , before starting into the garden . BUT the dammed midges came out which drove me back indoors.
Spoke to Neeve at The Mercat and she told me she had gone to a steak house in Rose Street with her father and had a steak and wine for her birthday treat, but she still rekons that the steaks at The Mercat are better "" Just not right to go for dinner in the place you work all day.
Life is getting a bit hectic, as I seem to have picked up some work in London next week, down on Monday for the day, back on Thursday (again for the day) with report writing at home in between.
Been a bit forgetfull, this is Hunter and Lass week in Penicuik and tonight is the robing ceremony , there have been events on all week, football, pram race, etc, and the big ride out is on Saturday. Graham was the Hunter's Lad many years ago which gave him a years worth of toing and froing around the other similar events in the south of Scotland.
If there is a problem with Photobucket as I have, try http://Photobucket.com/sesltaprague
OK off to watch "Britains Got Talent" which is proving to be very good, pity I will miss the final on Saturday .
So Friday is another day - cach and carry , then to work at The Mercat , where Ian (Tubby) Millar is having his retiral doo in the afternoon , which should be eventful!!

No comments: