Friday 16 May 2008

yet another busy day


Woke up at 12.45 a.m. , yes, a.m. feeling unwell and ended up sleeping on the settee all night - which meant I did not have so far to go in the morning .
Off to The Mercat for an open , and then Samantha called in sick again , being in hospital - so it was just as well I was there, till other staff arrived. Claire, like me was restless so she also appeared early, but was then able to go to Bookers with me for the run, and a rummage for bargains.
I am trying to get a piece of dado rail for the dining room , about four inches long , to mach the existing wood - a bloody nightmare as I cannot remember where the original came from and the profile is tricky to copy.

Dropped off the food at the pub and then went home to annoy Dougie the painter and dog, who were getting on with the job, Dougie calls me "Indiana Jones" claiming that I use a lash on him to keep him from slacking !!¬
Received a text message from Kerina, another of out "Upside down" people who is now in London and has just got a job as a care with an agency there to keep her going for a while therer.
We have been trying to get a home for a good three piece suit and no one is inters ted so it looks like it will end up on a tip somewhere - bit of a waste, but it appears that the needy are a bit fussy these days. Carpet has been cut up and also gone the same way.
Managed to get out into the garden and do a few hours work as it it was sunny and warm, unlike Portugal where William and Sandra are bored and fed up with the rain and poor weather.
Kind of lost the plot a bit this afternoon as we have heard nothing from the Council, despite their solemn promise for action- so it was another of my pointed E mails to the Director.
Sat for a while watching a movie called Lake Placid, about a giant crocodile - but as I am likely to have even worse nightmares I decided to write instead - and in any case I have an early rise again in the morning - hopefully getting back in time to go to the KT's, King David of Ballentradock at Dalkeith in the afternoon.

No comments: