Sunday 11 May 2008

A fun sunday !!



Up with the larks to a foggy morn - however by 7.30 a.m. we were already bashing on with the fiddly bits that need doing just to finish off jobs, so eventually Ann and I had the bedroom put back together.


We even had to phone Sparky to wish him a happy birthday and make sure he was up for work.

The radiator I paineted on saturday survived the terribel thunder and hail storm so I was able to get it gloss painted - I just hope it stays reasonable overnight.
Had a nice wee e mail from Simona in Prague who had received her photos yesterday.

So it went till I eventually had to head for The Mercat to work - with this being the last day of the English Premier League games . Place was still a bit quiet so initially I ended up in the kitchen with Claire and Duhai, learning just how it all works and getting my hands wet at the same time.


Claire was busy experimenting with the new dishes going onto the next change of menu due out in a few days - no point in having folks getting fed up - a change is as good as a rest. ( nice crumbles are heading up the list of deserts).



Things got busy as the big games came on the TV and lots of food served till we eventually slowed down then Graham and Chris met up with friends to head to Tyncastle for the Heart of Midlothian FC player of the year dinner - my query is how can a team who have been so bad as Hearts possibly have a player of the year?
Home to the good lady who was all excited about getting a two day visit to the Peeble's hydro spa along with Claire - at least I know that I am going to get at least 24 hrs peace shortly.


Over to see my neighbour Mike who was working like a sweat shop chappie / person making wedding invitation cards by hand for his daughter Shelly's wedding in June. Mrs A. was sitting resting, Shelly was doing her homework so Mike and I had a couple of wee goldies just to dull the pain. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was on the tv which helped pass the evening and by the time I struggled back Mrs B had gone to bed, which is where I am heading in a few minutes

No comments: