Tuesday 13 May 2008

Rambling of the shilling in the meter man


While logging on tonight the computer was so slowI thought that I had not paid my electric bill - and when I checked out the viewings for the day I am beginning to think I can say anything as daily numbers are dropping - perhaps I will need to market better at the Mercat when I get organised there as my old failthfulls from Musselburgh seem to be deserting me.


Anyway it was up with the larks this morning after a hellish night of intermittent leg cramps - into the Mercat and attempt to do an open - the till is a bit too high tech for me so i stumbled at the first hurdle which meant that my two early customers - trainee pilots for KLM had to wait for me to fathom out the till - fortunately Sir Christoher arrived in time to help me out.


The Major arrived for coffee - " bit of a stickler" this one , and I have always thought of him as military person , hiowever it turns out he was latterly a professional pianist who played regularly at the Peebles Hydro Hotel.

I was trying to do a job in the office but ran out of power points sop gave up and started to sort out a great big cupboard with the result that I found all my missing tools which had been buried under rubbish by the likely lads.


Home to find Dougie the painter and dog allegedly hard at work - he claims he washed his dust sheets to keep them clean ., I think he uses them as pillows and blankets.

My moto is that prespiration is good for you !! unlike others who think otherwise.


Sparky Mark arrived with a tray of hot spare ribs - so an ideal excuse for a beer break was had - this of course led to another couple of beers and a subsequent evening sesion - with the end result that no more work was done.


I have a good three piece suite, dining room table and carpets to get rid of ( once I find the table legs) but it is hard to find someone to come and collect them and give them to a good home, we certainly do not wish them to go into the skip.

Not sure what the object is in the photo , it is another of the ones from the bottom of the High Street taken in silouette of something up on Waterlaoo place.

No comments: