Wednesday 28 May 2008

Kitchen duties today


Big treat in store for me today - so perhaps it was that excitement that kept me awake , or the three bouts of cramp in the legs which had me going daft during the night. Anyway - off and away at 6.50 a.m. in to The Mercat, and once passed the bloody Pointer Alarm system we were in business.

Did the usual set up stuff for the office and bar and then while it was quiet had a wander along to Jessops the camera shop to get a lithium battery for the clock and memory in for the camcorder - but sods law, they gave me the wrong one despite being told what I wanted, so I will need to trail back there again on Friday.
On the way along the street which is still an absolute mess with the tram works which are allegedly well ahead of schedule, I stopped and took the photo of the monument in Melville Crescent Gardens to "William Ewart Gladstone" one of Edinburgh's well known folks. I think it was he who David Livingston met in Africa and said "Dr. Gladstone I presume?" - and who had the old style Doctors bag named after " The Gladstone bag". It is a facinating statue and unfortunately my photo does not do it justice. - shame they do not clean up the brass figures.

Back to the pub and into the kitchen sink, where I remained for most of the day except when helping to prepare and dish up lunches - (so much for being retired), so it is "Fairy Liquid" hands I have now.

Johnny the Gigalo was on duty in the bar, pleased with his photo and will offer up a phone number if his body is required for more than medical research. He is busy drawing up a list of things for his suitcase and the Italy trip this weekend.

Grant of Photogenix has set up my Prague pictures as promised on WWW.photobucket/sesltaprague and they look fine - lots of sleeping people at the start and plenty shots of the three breweries.

Missed out on a mention of Neeve yesterday who was in with her father who had come over from Ireland and was taking her out for the day for her 21st birthday - kind of us to let her have the day off.

Surprised I have not heard very much from Michelle, Little Princess, Krisen, Simon, Joannna or Co recently - all must be well at the Sportsmans but I will need to get back down to see what is happening, however with another hectic few days ahead of us it will not be this weekend I think.

1 comment:

Joanne_T said...

Hey Stuart!!

Not been online for a bit, hence why you haven't heard from us!!

Hope all is well with you, Ann and Graham.

You look like you had a wonderful time in Prague! My dad just returned from Prague on Thursday, bit disappointed as he had been there 4 years ago, and it has totally changed....pricewise and everyone is so corrupt!! Even the POLICE!!! Tried 2 charge him and his mate 2,500 Crown (is that the currency?!?!) EACH for walking through a red light!!!

Anyway, all is well at Sportsmans and we are all missing you. You will need to pop in sometime soon.

Love Joanne and Tam
xxx