Saturday 10 May 2008

Guess who blocked my parking space




Saturday - lovely morning and up early to start all my wee jobs, but once Ann came back from the hairdressers it was off to B & Q to buy a new lawnmower to replace the one that went on fire, a few odds and ends for the old DIY antics and then to Bookers Cash and Carry to stock up for the Mercat.

Wee phone call from Princess Kerrin and later Elaine just to let me know that I was being missed at the Sportsmans, not sure if this is a good thing or not , when you are as crabbit as me it is hard to judge, however it was lovely to hear from them.
Headed to The Mercat and could not get parked as there was a large van parked in the loading bay with the driver missing - turned out to be a Police traffic wardens van and the driver was in the Chemists, when she came back and I thought would move, NO , the passenger then headed off to Greggs to get a pie - in the meantime I was stuck on red lines trying to unload a boot full of food. See photo.
I then went and had my ears set on fire - by the Turkish hairdresser next to the pub, who is very good, but you get a bit of fright when he runs a flame over your head and ears - he was asking about my boys, Graham and Chris !!! and also about how Robbie was doing in OZ.

Home to the garden where I painted my radiator which I had taken out to the garden, while Mrs B. sat and did the crossword and blethered to her pal - but then the heavens opened - hail stones and gallons of water just dropping from heaven - and coming through the roof lighting the conservatory - so it was buckets out to catch more than drips - this will be yet another job for the near future.

The poor souls who were taking part in the Penicuik 10 k race were totally drookit by the time they reached the finishing line in the park opposite my house.
Started some more jobs in the house and then Sparky Mark arrived to help fit a radiator - not the newly painted one- and replace some lights. Stayed for his dinner and got his birthday card and present a day early - Happy Birthday for the 11th Mark.
Lovely bottle of Cilean red wine to go with my sausage and mash dinner- excellent - but had to be good as there was still more work to get started as I have to go and do my bit at The Mercat on Sunday and at the same time keep one move ahead of Dougie.
I see I had a few other hits on the site from the USA today , it would be nice to know who is peeking so that I can say hello. Now going to try and add a couple of photos the have an early night to recharge the batteries.






No comments: