Thursday 3 January 2008

My friend Jill

Up early this morning , off to Glasgow to meet Fraser who had only a couple of drugs jobs for me . very strange the wee lady who had £40.000 in her suitcase at the railway station Despite the delays I do not think anyone needs to pay that much to get from Edinburgh to Manchester.


Motorway was very quiet due to people taking extended days for the New Year, butI picked up a hitch hiker at Carlisle, a young Polish chap, Michael, who works in Bar 101 in Birmingham - he was a graduate over here to learn English. Seems that the bar is quite upmarket and had a great selection of whiskys, vodkas and gins, etc. eventually dropped him off at J 23 to make his way home.

Arrived at Runcorn to a nice welcome from my pal Jill in Reception wo had been reading the blog and knew what had been going on here in the highlands. This has to have been the quickest turn round for me, possibly 10 minutes, then over for a roll and bacon from the terrible two in the canteen - apologies to the girls but I was not feeling at my best.

headed north and then heard from Graham that Ann was being being taken to hospital, however, due to the weather I had no option but remain calm and take it easy , so I took the longer route home and actually had no snow till I reached Penicuik - read on.

No comments: