Wednesday 9 January 2008

What a difference a day makes, and

7 p.m., and Mrs B is certainly a bit brighter than yesterday - understatement !! she has has several trips downstairs, eaten pretty well, even by her standards, and managed a good kip this afternoon. Now back in bed, - so far not up to phone calls and has been able to cope with my company - when she sees me as I have been taking the chance to catch up with work.

She was not happy with my flower arrangements, something about carnations in a milk bottle not being aesthetically pleasing - I am sure that is what she meant.

Winds have died down , but we did some snow this afternoon, and from the news there has been plenty of chaos with the Road bridges being closed to traffic all day.

Sparky Mark called, has had a bad back and pains in his buttocks, but his chiropractor kissed it better for him !!!- trapped nerves it was. Doreen was in and said she has a strange knocking in her pipes !! and asked if Mark was able to do a service for her - knowing him I am sure he would.

I see Kenny Ritchie has arrived in Scotland, complete with his phony accent, he is not even Scottish, and I think a bad piece of work - but only time will tell.

Police in the USA seem to be having problems interviewing the labrador dog which shot and killed its owner, Labs seem to have the knack of being able to jump onto the trigger as this is not the first tiome it has happened. But folks with guns should always obey the basic gun code and break the barrel when the weapon is down.

Surprised Grant from Photogenix has not been on, he is changing servers, or something, so i await his return.

Tonights treat whilst I compose a few more letters will be a nice full Australian red, Andrew McPherson's Full 15, 2006, oak aged, so I should be able to sleep better. Bit of a panic there, as I thought I had lost the corkscrew.

Backed a horse at Musselburgh today based on a tip from a so called jockey who was in the Sportsman's last night, but it is still running, as is the jockey who may well be responsible for the contents of big karen's handbag being missing after meeting them last night. Bag was found on the roof of his guest house where it had been flung out a top floor window and the phone had been used to make a number of calls before she had it call barred. Girls, remember, do not talk to strangers.

No comments: