Tuesday 9 March 2010

JUST FILLING IN TIME WATCHING TELE

This morning I was listening to Boogie on the radio, Forth One, and they were asking for poeple to call in with details of the oddest places they or friends had fallen asleep. I sent in a message about my friend who had fallen asleep in a rhubarb patch with his trousers at his ankles - he could not get into the toilet for all the ladies at the party.

However, I then remembered the night I fell asleep in a garden on the night shift while on a stake out for a thief who was stealing milk and rolls at the back of William Low's shop, woke up in daylight when the Station called to see why I was working overtime !!!

RGB was supposed to be on Leith FM today. but forgot due to his being up in Crieff with the SLTA annual conference - need to deal with alter as they want an interview re his Best of Britain Awards.

Had a chat tonight with my B in L, Tom at Blantyre, his wife was supposed to be in hospital for treatment, but they cancelled it at the last minute, is this the latest ploy by the NHS to say that their treatments are all on schedule and within the "prescribed" time scales.

I see from the papers that we Scots are suffering from serious sleep deprivation, with averages being down as low as five hours - I no longer feel so bad, I am just one of the many who struggle nightly.

There is also a complaint about Kraft Foods - reminds me of a trip to Allentown , PA, USA, many years ago when we met the C E O of Kraft Foods North America, Jack Knight, and had dinner with him. His wife Jean was originally from Currie Midlothian, and we met when she heard me on a radio programme while visiting Allentown.

Looks like we may end up with thousands of abandoned dogs if plans go ahead to intoduce the need for compulsory insurance for dog owners - usual will happen, crooks will have no insurance for their pit bulls,etc., while honest folks with well behaved beasties will be penalised!!!

No comments: