Sunday 7 March 2010

Sunday - no time for the Kirk today

Sunday p.m., and as usual ended up busy again.

Had a bit of a long lie but when I got up I could have been forgiven for thinking that summer had arrived, what a beautiful day, sunshine and it even got up to + 8C. There was even a lady sitting on the veranda outside The Mercat Bar in the sunshine with her drink reading the paper.

So, we headed into town to my favourite shop, apart from Harvey Nichols that is - I mean Matalan, I get quite excited !! lots of bargains for me.

But enough of this talk, headed into town, dropped off Mrs. B. and headed for the Mercat, which was packed out, both up and downstairs , with Sir Christopher, Aggy, Claire and Dee doing a fantastic job. For me, it was the fairy liquid advert allover again, hands that do dishes, etc, between sorties out onto the floor.
We had a number of repeat customers, visitors to the City who had been in during the past couple of days. The young lady who asked for the "Pitcher of water" was back for lunch today with them and might even be back tomorrow, maybe just to see me again !!

Sandra and William are now back from the not so sunnier climes of Teneriffe, so he was not joking when he was photographed wrapped up in his blanket, weather was distinctly unseasonal.

Scottish Licensed Trade Association are having their conference up at Crieff Hydro for the next three days, had the chance to go, but not enough hours in the day between now and next weekend.

No comments: