Thursday 11 March 2010

My version of the dawn chorus

Must be a record for me - less than an hours sleep at a time - Crept into bed at 10.45 p.m and was awake again by 11.30 - and so it went on all night. 4 a.m. had a wander and tried to get off again - no luck. But on Friday I am supposed to get a long lie in !!

Made contact with the Hotel in Sharm el Shiek where we are going on Sunday, and they do have Internet ( at a price) , so it will be interesting to see how things compare when I get there , especially in view of the hammering the pound is taking and the dropping values for tourists abroad.

I am led to believe that in 2012 all employers will have to start and contribute to Pension Funds for their staff. It is no wonder that this year the commonwealth office have reported the highest numbers of people wishing to leave the UK and go live abroad. At this rate, the British will be living elsewhere and the UK will have become a dormitory state for the EU and others !! I am surprised that recent "Non Dom" to return to the UK has done so - he would have been better off buying a small Island somewhere sunny and declaring himself either King / President or Prime Minister !! Not a bad rant for this time of day.

AOL keep doing odd things to the start up of their programmes, and my computer has been giving me weather forecasts , etc. Due the mild spell we were having i thought it was related to Penicuik, but this morning with another solid frost outside, I see that +3c is rubbish , and is actually London !!

No news from Grant @ Photogenix who is in Benidorm , or the local Police over there, so I presume he is enjoying himself,

Off to sunny Edinburgh to get The Mercat Bar up and running.

My countdown for Saturday has already begun , but not sure how it will all fit in , Briggsy (Graham Briggs) and Joe Myers are due here from Westchester PA on Friday , got the OSM Installation of Saturday morning , the Six Nations rugby Saturday afternoon and the added excitement of the Calcutta cup in Edinburgh Saturday p.m - so it looks like the Gorebridge RA ball may be out the question in the evening. And I still have to pack my case.

No comments: