Tuesday 23 March 2010











Tuesday 23rd.

Sitting here typing when I should be at The Laird O’ Cockpen 500 RA in a cold windy Bonnyrigg – no contest !! However, having attended all the meetings there for the past three years I am sure that no one will be totally critical because I took the only free time I had off to come here to the Savita Resort and Spa Hotel for ten days- and I am certainly not regretting the decision.

Weather today is brilliant, air temp 30 C, sea at 22 C, no wind at all, just perfick as I have said in previous blogs.

Took a bed by the pool where it wass initially very quiet but as time progressed we were getting a bit hemmed in so headed off to the sea side for some space, ideal.

Sandwiches for lunch as usual were back to being delicious, fresh white cut crusty loaf, cheese, mayo, tomato , salad and roast beef - yummy, again with the Rose or three.
Plenty of action again , all the games, volleyball, water polo, bowls, darts, yoga, water gym., private card games, and good music from the poolside DJ.

Sat out till sunset which was about 5.30 p.m., and then got changed into my Egyptian robes which we bought on the Nile cruise ship and we headed out to take a few pictures to show that I had brought some copies of the Web User magazine with me. Caused a bit of a stir with the guests but the staff thought it was great that we had taken the trouble to dress up. Got some shots in the reception area, and then eventually ended up in the Bedouin tent on the beach where the Nubian waiter set me up with the bubble pipe.

Got myself changed and headed upstairs where there was duo playing in the open air bar, and a show on down in the outside amphitheatre by the animation teams.
8.30 p, went to the Indian theme restaurant, but it was possibly too long a wait from our sandwiches at 1.30 p.m, as we then had another 40 minutes before the 1st course arrived. Food was very nice, an ideal amount to eat, however I am sure our greedy friends would much prefer the main dining room where they could self administer their grub!!.
Very nice meal but for me who does not usually eat Indian food I would honestly have to rate it third after the Chinese and Italian, but as I say that is only my opinion.

Heading back to the bar and the wi fi area do sort out this despatch.
The clock is ticking down, only one and a half days to go till we leave, then we have Mrs B’s night at Loanhead on Friday and the wine club dinner at the Mercat on Saturday night with a full day beforehand – and worse still, I think the clocks change on Saturday night, one hours less sleep.




Back in te bar with Suzy, Solvy, and two other couples from the UK

No comments: