Tuesday 30 March 2010

White x-mas all over again!! It looks that way

So - during the night I could hear the rain falling but when we got up it was to yet another blanket of snow, albeit wet and mushy. However, listening on the radio, other parts of the country are a lot worse already - I wish I was somewhere hot again, I am sure that the pool boys could find me a brollie out there at The Savita !! My report for Trip Advisor has been published, that should cheer the staff up.

So yesterday, made it on a cold morning without any problem on the motor bike, parked round the corner so no morning stroll. Nice steady morning for me as one of the supposed new starts failed to reappear, never mind Kirsty @ Hiawatha was there at lunch time.

Heard of three friends who all have some form of "the big C", an ex PC ( Bill) called in to congratulate RGB on the recent awards the Mercat has won - he was saying that he had had a patch of skin cancer removed from his back. One of my "Companions" in the RA had confirmation that he was to receive radio therapy, etc for his diagnosed cancer, and thirdly, I heard that the Retired lady Inspector I wrote about a few weeks ago is now in the Marie Curie Hospice, Fairmilehead, and not very well.

Listened to a very interesting debate (for a change) on real Radio phone in last night where some eloquent fans were calling in discussing the proposal by the Rangers Supporters Club to raise money from the fans to buy out Sir David Murray. They all believed that it would be perfectly feasible for them to raise over £100 million. Seems that a similar model has worked for several cash strapped clubs in Europe over the past few years.

Now choked with the cold so it looks like the sensible thing to do today will be stay in and get on with my "wee hillock" of paper.

No comments: