Sunday 28 March 2010

Sunday result for the Saints

Sunday evening and I am still trying to recover from an excellent evening at The Mercat Bar last night. There were forty six people present for the wine dinner which was enjoyed by all. Lots of praise to Claire and the team in the kitchen and the waiting staff who were slick and on the ball. I will need to write a separate blog with some photos later.
Despite a late night and losing an hours sleep due to the clocks being moved forward, I still made it on time to get the bar opened. I think that many folks forgot about the change of the the clocks as we were quiet till about 10.45 a.m. then it got kind of busy.

The Southhampton V Carlisle final of the English league was on the TV with the Saints winning. Our youngest supporter was dressed for the event, just hope she, Ma pa, Granny, Aunts and Uncle all enjoyed it ( good one Tam )

On the way into town, sun shining this first day of spring I took a couple of snaps on the way of the open air theatre at Comiston , some of the terraced houses. And then stopped at the old District Fire Station at Ardmillan where I did my Firefighters Badge when a young scout way back in 1960. In those days it was a fire station but has now been taken over by a funeral director.










No comments: