Friday 4 July 2008

Bit of a mixed day

As I had not taken any photos today I found this one, of the Watchtower in Prague which I took a couple of months ago, and thought it was quite nice.

So today, I was a tired chicken and had a long lie, which did not bode well, but once up it was get ready and go as we had to go to the plumbers merchants, Costco, Homebase and Sainsburys on the way to town where I dropped Mrs B off at John Lewis PLC ( their 50% sale is on).
On to the Mercat bar where after unloading I completely forgot that I had left the car outside and it was Graham who spotted the Traffic Warden , however as it was a Police warden they are more sensible than the Enforcers employed by the City of Edinburgh Council, so I was able to get it away round to the main car park.

Mrs. B. and myself were the talk of the place as we had left yesterday without paying - so there was a wanted poster in the window for Mrs. B. who was mortified at what had happened. Also a big panic this morning as Agneska had lost her bra and shirt - which caused all sorts of comments, however after phoning the cleaner the missing items were found in the bag where he had put them Question being - how come she was minus her bra and vest?
The Bar was really busy at lunch time with every table full - a good sign, and afterwards a bit of a lull till the customers started coming in again and it was as busy as ever by the time I left.
This being the start of the annual Edinburgh Trades holiday it might be a bit quieter next week.

Home to watch the tennis again , young Jamie Murray and partner were beaten in the semi finals of the mixed doubles - watched through partly closed eyes as I dozed in the sun. Then out to do a wee bit of serving on the car before a couple of runs next week and while doing so I met the intreped world traveller, Ashley who has been away for twenty one months, she is looking well and was saying that she starts a new job in Aberdeen with an oil company she had a part time job with in Australia ( well done).

Our deranged contributor, Danny , sent this one today.

A man who just died is delivered to a Glesga mortuary wearing an expensive, expertly tailored black suit. Big Tam the mortician asks the deceased's wife how she would like the body dressed. He points out that the man does look very good in the black suit he is already wearing. The widow, however, says that she always thought her husband looked his best in blue. She gives Tam a blank cheque and says, 'I don't care what it costs, but please have my husband in a blue suit for the viewing.'The woman returns the next day. To her delight she finds her husband dressed in a gorgeous blue suit with a subtle chalk stripe; the suit fits him perfectly. She says to Tam, 'Whatever the cost, I'm very satisfied. You did an excellent job and I'm very grateful. How much did you spend?' To her astonishment, Tam presents her with the blank cheque.'nay charge,' he says.' No, really, I must pay you for the cost of that exquisite blue suit!' she says. 'Honestly, hen,' Tam says, 'it didnae cost nothin. You see, a deid gentleman of about your husband's size was brought in shortly after you left yesterday, and he was wearing an attractive blue suit. I asked his missus if she minded him going to his grave wearing a black suit insteed, and she said it made nae difference as long as he looked nice.'
'So, I just switched their heids.'

No comments: