Monday 21 July 2008

German Grand Prix - great win for Lewis Hamilton

I was a bit annoyed with myself this morning when I read the paper about Lewis hamilton's win at the German Grand Prix. Yesterday I had missed the race in the afternoon when watching Mr Harrington win the Open Golf tournament. Then last night I lay in bed to watch the highlights and obviously Hamilton was tearing away from the field, so being a bit tired I dozed off and missed the end. My feelings as i dozed off , were that this was niot all that much fun and it should be like the stock car racing where the fastest is last at the start and bashes his way through the field. However, I see from the paper that after the accident he was left on the track as his team managers made a bit of a boo boo - but he did really well to fight his way back to the lead.
So this morning Mrs B. says , good news is that the sun is actually shining, and the bad news is that Graham has left a message for you to go to work !! Due to staff being sick. - so off I went to The Mercat Bar - in the back of my mind I had planned on getting on with the DIY work but as usual " the best laid plans of mice and men" as they say - so I was kept busy with customers right through till 2 p.m. when I was eventually able to lay hand on screwdriver and drill. As the parking meter was due to run out I also baled out at 3.30 and headed home to sit in the sun.
I need to be back there early a.m. to strip out the bottom lounge as the workmen are coming in to start on it later in the day - no rest for the wicked, or me !!

My nice lady G.P. ( Doctor) called to make my day - checking that I had received invitations to attend at hospital and for me to go see a nice nurse who plans to stick some needles in me , again.
Busy looking at holidays for 2009 - to go with Sandra and William again, this time it is Sandra's turn to grow older gracefully - so we think we might head off to Tailand for the similar kind of trip and adventure we had last year in China - all very exciting, I will just need to start and sell some of my memoirs !!

Now about to start on my homework for one of the masonic orders,(OSM) having just had a phone call which sent my wee heart into overdrive with the amount of stuff I need to learn in the next few weeks. So that it - apart from the fact I had a message from Phil, father of Robbie the upside down boy , who is sending one of their convicts over here next week - on an exchange from Botany bay, no doubt - so we have to be ready with "wee stumpies" or something to keep him calm.

No comments: