Tuesday 22 July 2008

A day in the basement bar

Not a very exciting day today , ended up in the basement bar of the Mercat at 6.30 a.m. - and there I remained till 6.30 p.m. during which time I ripped out seating , removed TV's and shelving. Raggled walls, took down lights, painted walls, doors and ceilings and generally ran around like a maniac. At one stage when turning round stood on my own foot, and fell over causing JP to think I had collapsed !! Now have a sore toe and a sore hand.
Jamie was in agony with sore eyes, conjunctivites but kept on going and annoyinmg Claire at the same time. Claire ended up coming to help me after she had finished and did some painting.
New wall cladding is being started tomorrow, so it will be another early start, as I am off to Runcorn and Liverpool on Thursday and Friday.
Need to get the place up and running as it is a Fringe Venue for the Edinburgh Festival, starting I think as of 30th July.
Must remember that it is Sir Christopher's birthday tomorrow (23rd), and having said that I fogot to mention the two Rose babies, who both had a birthday on Saturday. According to Sandra and William who went visiting Danno and Paul, the house was chaotic with lots of kids running around, some for the morning party and others for the afternoon.
Eduardo is back working a few more shifts so he is already looking for help to sort out his new flat.
Till tomorrow.

No comments: