Wednesday 23 July 2008

Still no rest for the wicked.


So much for the best laid plans - yet another early rise today, but having said that I was awake so what was the point in lying there !!! Up, Up and away on the trusty steed of steel as I had no intention of paying parking fees today - only delay was having to check the tyres before I left because of a weeping rear wheel which meant that I had to switch on the wee air pump for two minutes, hopefully not wakening Ashley across the back.


So into town, where I scared the life out of Claire who was also in early and did not hear me going into the pub. Then the chappies arrived to work on the walls downstairs, Frank, the Frenchman with the German name, and his young boss -

I did all they wanted me to do without blowing either myself or the pub up and then decided that as I was no longer needed and had lots to do - I would go home . so back onto the steed of steel and took the long road home just to have a wee run out - nice one.


Arrived at the house, and immediately - while still wearing the helmet and with the engine running - I was confronted by my stone deaf, slightly wandered German neighbour - demanding as to what I had done with his ladder ???????? - which on looking was still lying in his garden where I had left it . There then followed a somewaht lengthy discussion as to where his OTHER ladder had gone ? An item I had never seen , did not have up my jumper and was not hidden in the dust bin - his son apparantly has all the ladders any man might desire so he will certainly NOT have it - so if I am locked up you will know th reason why.


Must remember that it is young Sir Christopher's birthday and we have not seen him yet - and will not do so till probably Sunday now.


Jamie went to the hospital with his weeping peepers and cannot work for the next few days - that will also apply to his drinking while on medication!!!


Called the Sportsman for a chat to Kristen and catch up with the gossip - new lady in the flat up above the pub - total bampot who has phoned the Police every day since moving in , had her neighbour arrested and will not use the communal dustbins - just what Kristen needed to spice up her day. Big Karen , released from the Spanish jail, or was she on holiday again in Benidorm ? so she is back in Musselburgh, Samantha seen in the area, back working somewhere in Leith, and Big Michelle coming back to work at the Sportsmans (hooray).


Being harrassed by Setanta Sports sales team because I had the cheek to write and cancel my contract - despite my letter they have phoned and are now sending text messages every day - THAT WILL BE RIGHT!!!.


But on the other hand, having been so involved recently I found my house insurance policy had expired, so I called the Halifax to pay it, and was told that as it had expired I was to be put onto their sales team and get a new policy drawn up. Spoke with a very pleasantr, helpfull young chap, Lee, who took all my details, gave me a price, decided it was wrong - left to check things out and called back with a better price than I had originally been quoted for the renewal !!! Good one Lee, well done.
In case you are wondering about the photo - I spotted this on the roof of a block of flats in Antwerp while sitting having coffee near to the theatre- with the telepho lens we realised that it was a model of the Statue of Liberty and on zoom it is very realistic, set in the corner of a lovely roof top garden. It has nothing to do with today - unless you tie it into the 5th Amendment - the Right to Silence - because our Graham seems to think he is in the Secret Service and tells us nothing !!! I hope his ears are ringing.
P.S. Gordon and Sandra had a wonderful time in Iceland and Greenland - they saw icebergs !!!!
Off now to back my bag and make up a snack for tomorrow - probably need my passport also if I am going to cross over from Runcorn into Liverpool.

1 comment:

Minx2581 said...

Hi Porkchop!

Soz i aint been checkin in for a while but been runnin round like mad but i will try n catch up!

Please wish me luck for monday as it is D-Day (my driving test)!! I am gettin excited cant w8 to have my licence!

I will try n pop up to the merkat at some point on the off chance that you will be in!

Take care n love to all!

Michele xx