Friday 18 April 2008

Back to winter again - so much for spring.




Late night last night as we prepared for this mornings meeting in Edinburgh with the Council and UNISON.

Sparky Mark was in to give us a run down on his trip to Peru and the walk along the Inca Trail - sounded just wonderful and he had a marvellous time with a well organised programme and nice group of companions. It was a pretty strenuous time but he did have a 73 year old lady in the party who managed the trail. Good on her.

Headed to town a.m. to drop Ann off for her meeting and it took an hour to get into the High Street due to stupid poorly managed road works and the volume of traffic.

I parked up in Hollyrood Park to wait on Ann , reading my wee red book, and watching the world go by - it was raining cats and dogs so I only managed two photos one of the Radiacal Road which runs round the base of the Crags and the other of the massive visitor centre next to the Scottish Parliament building and on the site of the old Hollyrood Brewery.

Anyway a fairly constructive meeting took place with Watty W. doing marvellously well, he is correctly described as being a "rottweiller", stands no nonsense and cuts straight to the point - which is also Ann's style. Lots were said, more than I can say at the moment, but be assured not many points were missed and I am sure that the "ripples" will be widespread.
Sparky Mark appeared to take of my radiators to allow me to get on with finishing the walls - photo I had has disappeared so I will need to sort it later.
Off with Mark tonight to Rosslyn 606 where they are working something special I believe - more when I find out what.

No comments: