Thursday 3 April 2008

last day at Muss - new horizons





































Obviously the Rangers - Sporting game is terrible otherwise I would still be watching it.
Boob with the photos, Jeremy (Heiniken man) and Graham should have been down the story a bit, but I found out too late. Through Jeremy we bought tickets at ancharity auction which took us to the Rangers v Barcelona game where the UEFA people made a right mess of the hospitality at Ibrox and the Rangers folks would accept no responsibility - I am still waiting on a response from the caterers especially.
Made it to Musselburgh early , 7 a.m. to start preparing for the handover to Kristen. Met Ian Campbell at the bus stop off to see to his grandchildren who have been reading the blog for him. He has promised to pop up to see me at "The Mercat" - I thought all had forgotten as no one appeared till after 9 a.m. and that was our stocktaker (Russell). Kristen along with her Ma and Pa appeared ( see me posing with them) Anyway - got stuff sorted and everything happened as it should do. In the interim some of the guys appeared, Jackie, Jess, Keith etc, who were heading off abroad for a golf weekend, I did apologise to Keith for last nights episode with Geoge F. Also wee George the artist, retired lecturer in fine arts ( see my photo) and an artist but now hampered by his arthritis - turns out that the laid back Graham Allan who helps us at the Mercat Bar is an old friend who only recently met him in the Gordons Arms, Rose Street. So in the end I headed home via the Bush to visit SAC for one of my own jobs where Alan and Arlene were busy as usual . On reaching home I found that I was then needed to go to Costco for the Mercat, either Claire or Jamie being a bit dippit and need exrtra supplies.

Costco and then into the Mercat where, as a wee treat (now having finished my work experience at Musselburgh) I decided to stay for tea, and with Claire in the kitchen I had no option but to go for a nice steak on a sizzzzzling platter with the trimmings, and Ann followed her meal with a nice sweet prepared by Duhai, ( you will have to sort out the photos yourself.)


We had a visit to the bar from Jeremy and the Heiniken team (see the poser with Graham) doing a tour of the Heiniken outlets, and I then managed to get our own girls to give me a smile and cuddle.


In the course of the day I had an E mail from Rob and Caitlain who are now getting organised back in the upside down world with Caitlain now at work as a nurse again - which was obviously her job till our NHS decided to make a " cock up" of things and deprive her of her livelihood, Robbie is still being laid back and indecisive and waiting for the right job to appear, probably as a beer taster in a brewery - so with his fellow koala huggers he is about 1 million'th down the line.

Sparky has also checked in and obviously has not been eaten by Incas or other south American types.

Cookie and Samantha appeared back from their last few days sojourn in London, but I am not sure yet what their plans are.

Local news, they have identified the lady who lost the heid on the beach at Arbroath - cut up in Brechin by the look of things - Ann has suggested it might well be murder - so much for a Cluedo expert !!

The joke - What do the Starship Enterprise and toilet paper have in common?
a. They have both visited Uranus looking for klingons!! ( Sorry Brian - I hope your dughter gets this one)

Wee response late on from Canada where the photo of Jackie and ther layabouts had been received by the (un) intelli gent services. That is, anyone who thinks celtic are a team and not an ancient nation!!!
My comment of worry for the day was with regard to Real radio and Robin Galloway
doing an off take of Gunjid Singfh - a call centre operator for BT - the lady he calle d was prepared to curse and swear at the operator "Mr Singh) but apolgoised when she knew she was on air - I think he is treading on thin ice using this persona for his wind ups.

I presume from the background silence that the Rangers game was a draw.

No comments: