Monday 14 April 2008

I am in a real mood now - so !!

Well it was snowing early doors - but being inside we finished off the stripping - so now it is all the fidly stuff to do.
But - I received a letter from the Bank of Scotland, Mr Peter Jackson no less, Managing Director of Banking and Savings - but of course that is only a pro forma ( sent from the local branch by someone who did not have the courtesy of p.p.'ing the letter)- however, with his name on it he must therefore accept responsibility for his minions and his computers which generate pro forma letters. No doubt he will be delighted to hear from me - or if I get my way - be asked to meet me in person to discuss the contents of his letter about bank charges - or what is tantamount to highway robbery.

Then off to the hospital to see Ann's consultant, who was pleased with her progress.

Up to the Mercat for lunch and to try and do a couple of little jobs for them - but my tools had been pinched along with other bits and bobs I needed.

Call from the Princess - so Tam, thanks very much , or Joannna pass on the message that all is well and message received.

Had a call about one of the jobs I do, there was a big scare last week caused by a genuine Japanese tourist who was photographing everything that moved, plus lots which did not - he was even reprimanded at the airport due to his enthusiastic snapping.

From Grant the word is that my Samsung X - 05 laptop needs either a new hard drive ( no 4) or binned - mit has been a total nightmare since new , and I will NOT be buying Samsung again - there is enough information on the net about the faults in this model and they will not accept any responsibility.
On my way home held up for ages by temporary roadworks on the A702 - about one and a half miles of motors heading south , and when I eventually got through the unnattend roadwoks three cars heading north - just what imbiciles in Midlothian Council run these operations ?

Home - it was sunny soI had another go at cutting the grass with the flymo, but, this time the smoke was followed by flames which had to be put out with a bucket of water , but not only that it blew a fuse on my main circuit board!!! So I had to summon my neighbour Mike to come and sort things out, which he did, and was even kind enough to ply me with the wter of life, probably in an attempt to stop me having a heart attack.

No comments: