Friday 25 April 2008

What happened to Thursday?

Friday a.m. - just a wee bit tired !!
Regards to William/ Sandra - Andrea, Tam and Joanne and Wee Michelle ( well done with the driving theory).

Thursday night Graham sent a message to say i was on a training course for the pub yesterday morning - first I knew . So I cancelled my own stuff and headed in there on the bike to get through the early traffic. Turned out I should have had a work book and been studying for the past couple of weeks - but what the hell. Anyway , to cut a long story short, listened to the lectures read the book work before, during and at tea breaks and then sat the exam, using the pot luck / guesswork process , which is obviously not best practice, so now I have to wait and see.

Had to head home, get changed and was back at Loanhead by 5 p.m. to await a coach to go to Port Glasgow. In the process I met Joe Pia who owns the chip shop in Loanhead and who I have known for over 40 years, so we had a bit natter, he still uses our phrase " Ah !! Stuartie - Bastardo carribinierrie!! from my days in the Polis.

Bus came, full of Masons from Dunbar, North Berwick, Prestonpans, Dalkeith, etc. and we headed west on the M8 getting caught up in the traffic going to Ibrox for the Rangers game so the driver took a massive detour via East Kilbride and Paisley to miss Glasgow and we eventually got there at 8 p.m. Had a good meeting of the RA , nice dinner afterwards with one or two small drinks and left again at 12.30 a.m. with me getting dropped off at Loanhead at 1.50 a.m. in time to get a Nighthawk bus home -

Needed a bit of a long lie, now got some - more decorating- to do, then to cash and carry and then back out for yet another meeting tonight. Not sure what will happen if this proposed petrol strike goes ahead, as I have to get another Runcorn run organised for next week.

No comments: