Sunday 6 April 2008

Getting a bit forgetful !!

Now Sunday a.m. and I am struggling, looking out at the snow, to try and remember what happened on Saturday.

Weather was fine but my plans were scuppered when I had to get organised early and do a swift run into town , so having changed for my afternoon meeting I just took a run round by Bonnyrigg where I went to see Grant @ Photogenix and get some of the previous nights pictures printed off. His misses had a sore one when a set of French boules fell off a shelf while she was in a cupboard, landed on the top of her head and knocked her out cold. Fortunately she is now recovering - but as Grant said, you could not miss her for a couple of days - she had a bag of frozen peas on top of a bump the size of a policeman's helmet!"!

From Grant I nipped into the lounge bar at 720, where some of the chaps were attempting to recover from the previous evenings dinner!!

On over to Newbattle for a meeting of the Preceptory of St Bernard De Clairveaux, their annual installation followed by a lecture on the battle of Rosslyn which took place on 23rd February 1303, not far from here and where nearly many thousands of English soldiers were killed and left in the fields. one of the local fields is still known as Shinbone field after hundreds of bones were ploughed up at the turn of the Century. It was only recently that a memorial was set up on the site.
By the time I left for home the first wave of snow had fallen so the roads were a bit dicy.

Home, fed, nice bit of salmon with a beautiful sauce which Claire had sent out for us, then changed and into The Mercat, supposedly to work !! - but after a chat to Graham , Sir Christopher, Claire and Jamie , when I was given all the jobs that need doing I headed home and got my feet up.

At this precise moment in time there is a total whiteout , outside , so I am hoping it clears in time for me to head to Musselburgh where i am supposed to be going out for lunch with the Staff from the Sportsmans.

No comments: