Thursday 10 April 2008

Money grabbing , thieving government

Obviously rather peed off tonight, had a long and frustrating day.
Started off heading to town via the cash and carry to stock up The Mercat Bar, and then along to John Lewis PLC to spend time sitting on chair after chair to find one we liked . The phrase "I cannot decide if I am indecisive" springs to mind!! From there via Leather world and Reids at Loanhead - surprised to see on offer a beautiful three and two seater leather suit, second hand, but the pair were only £199. BUT it looks like we will be venturing further afield.

Home and an E mail from Sparky Mark who has now survived the Inca trail and is off for three days into the middle of the jungle - obviously to commune with nature - but be warned he says he will be back on Tuesday.

In my mail I received a fixed penalty from DVLA for not having my car taxed and/or , either not filling in a SORN - went mental but checked and car tax had expired in January so for two months I have been oblivious to the fact - and not one of the many parking enforcers has noticed, despite checking the car umpteen times. Anyway went down to the post office where the lady said that i was one of many in the same boat - but I had taken the wrong forms. Back i went later and I said i was surprised because I had not received a reminder - she said that most of the other drivers had said the same, here in Penicuik, Loanhead, Bonnyrigg and Gorebridge, and that DVLA had apparently lost a disc with the information !!! BUT they were blaming the Post for the lost letters - Q. How many posties do we know that will go through their mail bags and take out DVLA letters, and in four different areas. SO, there will be a letter going to my M.P. David Hamilton requesting that he make enquiries and also a call to the Edinburgh Evening News who were constantly engaged this evening.

I also got a cheque back from the bank as it had not been signed !! OK, so I never noticed but the teller should have when I handed it in - yet another black mark for H.B.O.S., Penicuik, whose performance of late has been awful, so tomorrow one bank Manager will be talking to me.

Heard from Musselburgh, it would appear that Mr. George F. fell foul of the law last night, being in a bad mood when he headed home - and was asked to accompany officers for a chat !!
Princess Kerrin has had her hair cut - photo to follow.
Made it to the Lodge in Council at Esk 42 Dalkeith, good meeting , small group but all keen and it was interesting - next up with be to 97 St Mary's Operative, Friday night.

Mrs B. not so good today - had to get in touch with the Dr. as her headaches have been causing concern - but she will not take it easy as instructed.

1 comment:

simon said...

hi stuart hope you are ok and sorry to hear about anne, please give her my deepest sympathy and we can catch up soon. By the way got told i was getting barred from pub if i didn't give kristan back the money the pub offered me last weekend so i've told them i'm happy not to go back there, as i never asked for it they offered it me so i'm not stupid enough to refuse £100. Speak soon. Simon