Wednesday 16 April 2008

Grey haired in one day

Well, made it to 720 last night where there were 127 folks present - great turnout and a good night. my pal Campbell is desolate - he has got a job and started back today.

Sparky Mark arrived home in one piece, made it straight to The Mercat where he consumed vast quantities of Guinness - then proceeded to smell rather awful becoming an environment hazard. This may well be acceptable in the Peruvian jungle where some of the fainter hearted animals might fall from trees - but not in a city centre bar. So far I have not heard from him so he must be jet lagged and chilling out - otherwise he knows that I have some manual labour lined up for him.

Today - I mounted the steed of steel and wove my way through the morning traffic to my job in Corstorphine - made good time despite the heavy traffic. Nitin, Shazad, Ian and Dave seemed pleased to see me and the day proved interesting and fairly successful.

On the way home I ran into heavy traffic on the A720 by-pass which was the start of many hours of total chaos following a multiple car crash on the M8 at Hermiston Gait which closed both carriageways, with one person dead and several injured. I am supposed to head that way shortly to the RA at Currie, but will have to check the road reports and traffic cameras to see if anything is moving, if not , it is hardly worth going to sit in a traffic jam. Have just heard on the radio that the M/way is now open after being shut for six hours !!! just what has that cost the economy.

Ann saw the Doctor and is not due to see him for another two months - he said three, but she knew I would go balmy if she was off any longer - however her health comes first.

So - what did I do - well I ended up reinstating the walls in the bedroom, then sanding, etc, which covered the place in stoor and turned me white from head to toe from the plaster dust, but at least it is progress.

Prague all set for 5th to 8th May so I had better get my finger out or I will not be allowed to go with the Licensed Trade group., who have organised a p***up in a few breweries. Talking of which I see that Scottish and Newcastle have bought the remaining shares in the Caledonian Brewery, Edinburgh, brewers of IPA.

Big dizzy tonight is that the Rangers - Celtic game is on Setanta Sports, which makes it harder for us to see - just a big scam between Sky and Setanta, divving up these sports programmes.
Right , must go see what happens next - and as for Thursday - I will be impersonating James Bond's arch enemy - being "Odd Job" in The Mercat.

Regards to Andrea, and whoever it was who checked in from Canada this morning , along with Rob and Co in Oz, and my UK friends.

No comments: