Saturday 5 April 2008

Got home early




Much to everyones surprise I arrived home early , about 11.40 p.m. having come up the road on the bus - I did describe it as a cattle float but that would be an an insult to cattle who are better behaved and have bigger brains than the are--oles who were on the bus. Even earlier I had to take to task youngsters who were trying to vandalise the bus shelter when I was going to Bonnyrigg.

Apart from that , we had an exciting day, playing at "asian shop keepers" as there were bargains galore at the cash and carry who were clearing out old stock. Seems that the word got out yesterday and they came in their droves for the bargains. Ann and I were there twice, in between I had to clear a choked toilet in the ladies loo- but fortunately did not start to do the dishwashing thereafter!!
Nice afternoon here but no chance to sunbathe !!

There was a murder in Bonnyrigg overnight, discovered today but the husband has been arrested.

Generally I get the feeling , like lots of folks that there is a breakdown of law and order, probably because of all these civil Liberty types, and it is about time we went back to zero tolerance - opened up the pit shafts and marched a few hundred or so off the plank.


Back to my night out - it was excellent , and I could have stayed there till the wee small hours, but then I would have had a long walk and been ill in the morning. the meal was nice, but the steak rubbish compared to The Mercat, infact it was rubbish compared to most places!!, however the entertainment was great with everyone having to either tell jokes or sing - benefit tonight was that Alex McBeth RWM was playing the organ and his brother in law Frankie Allison was singing.
I see that our lot in power are now publishing the expenses claimed by MP's which is tantamount to total theft - abusing the system, etc. It is no wonder they are queuing for jobs as MP's ; MEP's " etc it is the gravy train, screw the system and make your own rules.
Till tomorrow

1 comment:

Joanne_T said...

Hi Stuart, glad to hear you had a good night out. A well deserved one at that. Sportsmans will never be the same without you, and you will be sadly missed by all. I enjoyed my working my few wee shifts towards the end of your time there, and hope you will come back and visit all the 'crew'!

Joanne (Joanna)!!! Ha ha