Thursday 17 April 2008

In a panic for a moment or two

I had just finished the previous story when the computer said it had lost it - howeverI managed to recover it OK.

Having problems with the typing - everything is dyslexic so it is taking me ages.

However - today I headed to town allegedly to do some wee jobs in the Mercat, but by the time I arrived it was not practicable to do so - plus the fact that the bits and pieces i wanted to use could not be found. Anyway - I had a wee surprise when my Uncle walter and wife Sheila arrived on spec looking for weither me or Graham and wanting their lunch . Both were looking well despite the fact Walter had had a fall recently - the fish dinner they chose was so big I had to share it between them.

Met one of my former clients from the Sportsmans at the bus stop so went and had a chat.

Listening to the radio, there was another bad smash on the M8 at the same place as yesterday, and a lorry was also blown over on the Forth Bridge ( according to Real radio it was full of aliens who escaped) but it did cause the usual chaos with the Bridge being closed and everthing diverting to Kincardine which also ground to a halt . I just cannot see why they are building a new bridge instead of a tunnel.

Headed home in time to see the lads from the roadworks packing up after a hard day sitting in their vans - 3 p.m. - not a bad shift from 8 a.m. when you consider their two tea breaks and a lunch break!! And they are not alone - I just wonder how some folks actually manage to get jobs done these days - the big surprise is that many companies cannot get apprentices to train to be as lazy as their tradesmen. Great expose on the TV today about 112 of the major building companies working a cartel to rig prices - so it will interesting to see what the DTI do to them - the bigger ones have already suffered with a fall of their share prices on the stock exchange.

Just more than a bit wabbit this evening so it is a night in with feet up - and perhaps a drink or two!!!

Have just had a call from an old friend/ collegue, Davy Broomfield , who worked with me for years, so he has not been keeping too well, but cheery as ever - full of rubbish jokes.

Big meeting with Edinburgh council in the morning.

No comments: