Wednesday 23 April 2008

A wee bit hung over

It is just as well that iIdo not have to drive today or go to work - because I am certainly not in any fit state to do so.

Struggling a bit to remember what happened to Tuesday - anyway took off on the motor bike to go to the hospital where I saw my neurologist . Even he did not have my notes so we could not get round to a solution for my ongoing troubles. But he is writing to my GP and is going to have a wee chat to him on the phone and try and come up with a new course of action.

Went on to Leith and visited Andy KP's new shop, "Planet Poland" designed as a resource centre for local businesses who want to use Polish workers. Nice office, but unfortunately it seems that the locals have got the wrong idea already and are planning on doing the place over.
Next to Scott Cuppola's for lights, etc, the boy on the counter was impressed when I used the camera to show him what I needed - I took a photo on high magnification and then when I enlarged it, it was perfect for getting all the details. Up to The Mercat Bar where it was a case of "let there be light" - and the staff could see in all the previously dark corners.

Home to carry on with - yes - preparing walls once again.

Off to Bonnyrigg at 6.15 for my final RA meeting of 500 Laird o Cockpen, super turn out with 67 present, 29 being in the Provincial deputation, the team was first class , however I just froze, mind went blank and I think I was just terrible. Many were very kind and appreciated my ad libbing which was certainly a bit different to the ritual book. The only person who did not know any better was Drew McAlpine the candidate.
Maurice Wilson appeared which was nice of him, and he like the photo we had taken on Friday night at Roslynn 606.
Mrs B. did a wonderful job in the kitchen and all enjoyed their soup and sandwiches.

I was last out as I had to lock up , but in the waiting period managed to sample several glasses of the dreaded "John Barlycorn" hence the rather delicate state I am in at present - only consolation being that several others have to be in the same state !!

On the wider front , wee Michelle is causing havoc on the roads, and has managed to persuade her dad to let her drive his van- probably with sandbags tied on each corner.

Kirsten also had a long night on Monday, spending most of it till 5 a.m. painting in the Sportsmans.

Graham was off to his wine club meeting last night while Sir Christopher headed north to Perth. In the meantime one of the new chefs failed to turn up for work so Lady Claire was summoned from her game of pitch and putt to help feed the hungry hoards who had descended on The Mercat to watch the football.

So now I have two options - go back to bed - or continue decorating!! I wonder ------------

2 comments:

Joanne_T said...

Have a "wee hair of the dug" and get decorating! Lol

Hope all is well, and hope 2 c u soon.

Joanne and Tam xx

Minx2581 said...

Hey!
Its actually a giant inflatable rubber ring that magically appeares at the touch of a button! lol
Well I have good (or bad depends on how you look at it) news, I have passed my theory test with flying colours, got 100% of my questions correct and got a score of 46/75 (roughly 70%) on my hazard perception! WOO HOO!
Say hi to Ann and Graham for me
Love Michele C xx