Sunday 21 December 2008

Another awe inspiring day - QQQQ

Up with the larks, at 2.45 a.m. having been thumped in the ribs by Mrs. B who had been awakened by a car alarm sounding outside - however, after staggering around the bedroom in a daze I peered out into the stormy blackness and heard nothing !! So how difficult is it to go back to sleep - for me very.
Next - after several false starts, I was up and on my way at 7 a.m. and into The Mercat, beaten by Claire.
Started to set up when "Oor Willie" arrived ( Sir Christopher) who had forgotten to brush his hair and put on his gel !! Seems that he had made a late call last night and got the Upside Down boy, Robbie out of his bed to wish him a happy birthday.
Place was fairly quiet today so after a few breakfasts served to Dutch ( lady had three eggs) ; Canadian and English visitors , I took to my true vocation and decided to tear up yet more cardboard and bag some rubbish . This led to me filling up the car with rubbish for the skip.

Back in the kitchen, young Chris, sober after an early night - no bad influence (joking) as Neeve or Niamph has gone home to Newry for X-mas , wee bit discussion over my suggestion that they cook sausages in gravy with cheese - so I think my chances of being a trainee chef will be minimal to zero.
Headed home early - but via the Council yard to dump rubbish in the skip, this was one of my father's favourite haunts - he never let me head down there on my own , always volunteered to help and invariably brought "things" back home. Today was no exception, as I picked up a good box for my tools, the workies even got a brand new sat nav complete with discs, books, cables, etc.

Home for dinner, and enjoyed an hours escapism watching the movie about the Robot who helps rob the bank, even E.T. later.
had a long session on the box , researching Freedom of Information Legislation and European Bill of Human Rights, wrote to my MP, (again), and fired off some E mails to old addresses but with little luck as they came back undelivered..

Sparky called having returned from a hike in the Moorfoot Hills, where he was nearly blown away in the gales - silly bugger -- hope he does not get blown off the top of Killiminjaro.

So RGB and Jo Jo @ HM arrived back, after an Indian meal where they even had to return a bottle of Chateauneuf Du Pape which was corked - meal was fine and 2nd bottle excellent - so now time to get our feet up for a bit - and watch "Casualty" of course.
So now we head into the last few days leading up to this season of goodwill and peace to all men.

No comments: