Saturday 20 December 2008

Get my reward in heaven - if I am lucky !!!¬


This is a bit of a follow up to last night when I was distracted somewhat - but as I am watching some heavenly bodies in the final of Come Dancing - the same could apply tonight.. so there I was yesterday , slowly going downhill from Bar Manager at The Sportsman's ; ( on work experience); then to the mercat Bar, where I had to start all over again , as barman /waiter ; now still progressing downhill , with even less chabce of ever gaetting paid, trying my hand in the kitchen - where I invariably end up in the sink - and today It was outside , bagging rubbish and tearing up boxes - I wonder how far I can really go with this Company under the expert tuition of my Son !!! We are obviously forgetting that there is still the job as doorman - so being the oldest doorman in Haymarket, complete with glasses, hearing aid and stick, hopefully no one will want to hit an old man!!! although as I am getting more grumpy than ever they might just.
Our three happy lads, Jamie @ Shrek': Christian
@ ze fokker; and David, were all taking the micky out of me.
The two dogs are owned by Grant @ photogenix, big one is Jazz, who has just acquired this baby brother last week. The wee one is only ten weeks old, the runt of the litter, and with buckled back legs - still a bit tiny to cope with his playful pall who eats his grup and bashes him.
Thursday while down south, and wearing a white polo shirt , I was mortified half way though my visit at Runcorn when I realised that i had dribbled tea down the front of the shirt , which was badly satined - it was nearly as bad as walking about with ones fly undone !!
Had a hellish night, last night - restless, sleepless, etc, so it was up early and off we went to hit the cash and carry once again and then to the Pub - Mrs. B. headed off to the shops while I went sunning myself out the back, sorting the rubbish as Jeff our hardy cleaner was struck down with the dreaded "bug", as was his dearly beloved missus.
Of course , it would not have been the same if we had not forgotton to get stuff at the C @ C., so I Went back with Graham Allan Snr . - wee run out for him and interesting as he had not been there for years.
Not sure where lawrence went wrong - but he did say he had put a comment on last nights blog - but it has disappeared into the ether.
Two massive fires in Edinburgh last night, one at 8 p.m. in Victoria Street ( Cushie's) and the other at 9 p.m. 9n Frederick St. involving big pubs - town was chaotic with most of the City Centre closed off, sixty plus firefighters, and one building still burning eighteen hours later. what a night to have a fire, restaurants fully booked, bars busy, and one of the pubs was about to bring the "Alex Harvey Band" on stage.
Sunday - up early and back to my work experience


No comments: